Nurse leaders have many opportunities to develop innovative organizational projects. For this assessment, you will assume the role of a nurse leader who is interested in starting a new nursing service line. The proposed nursing service should meet the following criteria:
• can be any service that meets a demonstrated patient health need
• contains a major nurse-led component
• has the ability to generate revenue that is sustainable
Here are a few examples of the diverse opportunities for organizational growth:
• physical and mental health services provided through wellness centers
• vascular access care services
• diagnosis-specific support clinics
• nurse-directed medical day care services
• wound care services
• diabetes management services
• care coordination for supervising and evaluating interdisciplinary care services
• home health and hospice services
These varied examples demonstrate the impact that nurse leaders have on healthcare delivery.
In this task, you will use the attached “Nursing Service Line” template to develop your brief. Using an interprofessional focus, you will explain the need for the service and present the results of various business analyses to determine the feasibility of starting the new service line within an organization. Use the information provided in the course to determine an area of service and to complete the analyses required in this assessment.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The similarity report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
Note: You must complete the clinical practice experience (CPE) before attempting this assessment.
Complete the following using the attached “Nursing Service Line” template to support the area of need you have identified.
A. Provide an introduction to your proposed nursing service line by doing the following:
1. Describe your nursing service idea, the purpose of the nursing service line, and the effective leadership skills and approaches needed to implement the plan using a diverse staffing model.
2. Explain why the service will be important to the population it will serve.
B. Provide a market analysis that includes the target population, potential referral bases, and potential competitors for the planned service.
C. Using an interprofessional focus, analyze the following strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to the service line:
• four internal factors that are potential strengths of the nursing service line
• four internal factors that are potential weaknesses of the nursing service line
• four external factors that are potential opportunities for the nursing service line
• four external factors that are potential threats to the nursing service line
1. Provide a narrative of the SWOT analysis information identified in part C and discuss the following:
• how the strengths can be used to maximize (take advantage of) the opportunities and minimize (decrease) the threats
• how the weaknesses can be improved by maximizing (taking advantage of) the opportunities and minimizing (decreasing) the threats
D. Perform a cost-benefit analysis of the nursing service line for each of the following areas:
• the organization, including three logical costs and three logical benefits
• day-to-day operations, including five logical costs and five logical benefits
E. Complete a risk assessment that describes five risks that may adversely affect the success of the nursing service plan and identify the possible results of the risks along with one strategy for each risk to minimize that risk.
F. Provide a narrative summary of the nursing service line’s first year of financial projections. Include the following in your summary:
• an explanation of the methods that will be used to generate revenue for the nursing service line.
• a discussion of the revenue projections for the first year of operation.
1. Graph how you predict the nursing service line will grow in the first year.
Note: To create the graph, you may use one or a combination of the following:
• a spreadsheet program, such as Excel (*.xls)
• a graphics program, such as Paint (*.jpeg, *.gif)
• a word-processing program, such as Word (*.rtf)
2. Identify the financial payers for the nursing service line.
G. Provide a first-year operational expense budget including a description and cost of three personnel expenses and five other-than-personnel (OTP) expenses.
1. Create a pie chart of the first year’s personnel expenses and OTP expenses that proportionally reflects all of the identified expenses for each category.
H. Explain key performance indicators (KPIs) of the nursing service line by doing the following:
1. Detail KPIs for the service plan using the structure, process, and outcome model by describing one KPI for each category (i.e., structure, process, and outcome) that can be used to measure the success of the project.
2. Describe how each KPI from part H1 can be measured and how often.
3. Discuss how the data from each KPI from part H1 should be analyzed to guide future decisions regarding the nursing service line in meeting organizational performance indicators.
4. Describe one system-level (i.e., organizational) strategy necessary to support staff improvement and to improve interprofessional teams.
I. Outline the start-up tasks and timelines for the nursing service line that includes the following:
• 10 tasks that should be completed before the launch of the nursing service line utilizing a diverse staff mix
• the title of the individual who will be responsible for completing each task
• a logical timeline for each task
• the frequency of status meetings with the individual responsible for the task
J. Provide an executive summary that is appropriate for a leadership audience that includes summaries of the following aspects:
• the proposed nursing service line
• the results of the market analysis
• the results of the SWOT analysis
• the results of the cost-benefit analysis
• the results of the risk assessment
Note: Use the information completed in parts A–E to complete the executive summary.
K. Include a reference page at the end of the report that lists at least five references to academically appropriate sources used to complete this task.
L. Submit your service plan template in APA style, including but not limited to the title page, headers, in-text citations, and references.
M. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of the submission.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more