This weeks readings explore the dynamics of power and how race and socioeconomic class can affect these dynamics.
From one of these readings, choose one work and analyze how it portrays race and/or socioeconomic class affecting the dynamics of power.
Reading choices from the following selections from The Norton Anthology of Literature by Women:
Zora Neale Hurston: “Sweat” (349356); How It Feels to Be Colored Me” (357359)
Eudora Welty: “A Worn Path” (598603)
Maya Angelou: The Peckerwood Dentist and Momma’s Incredible Powers (926930)
· Gilbert, Sandra and Susan Gubar, editors. The Norton Anthology of Literature by Women: The Traditions in English. 3rd ed., vol. 2, Early Twentieth Century through Contemporary. Norton, 2007.
· Hurston, Zora Neale. “Sweat.” Gilbert and Gubar pp. 349-56.
· Hurston, Zora Neale. How It Feels to Be Colored Me.” Gilbert and Gubar pp. 357-59.
· Welty, Eudora. “A Worn Path.” Gilbert and Gubar pp. 598-03.
· Angelou, Maya. The Peckerwood Dentist and Momma’s Incredible Powers. Gilbert and Gubar pp. 926-30
Please respond in MLA format.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more