Each presentation should rely on lots of impressive visual photos and figures and maps. Please include a minimum of 5 slides including the following information:
1) Title / Introduction SlideDiscussion of the memorable event. When, What, Where? Tell us the story. Why did you chose this location? What happened? Recollect your personal experience of the event, the personal experience of a family member, and / or reports recorded by witnesses of the event. Please include a map of the region, including the nearest city impacted. (2 points)
2) Slide TwoTectonic Setting of the chosen region. Where is the site of the hazard located with respect to the nearest plate boundary? Describe the plate boundarywhat type of forces are present and what type of faults are most common given that plate boundary type? What is the rate of relative plate motion? Show us a map of the local and regional tectonic setting at this location. (2 points)
3) Geologic SettingDescribe the landforms… Is there a major river, mountain range, lake, volcano, ocean, etc.? How were these landforms created? What are the main rock types mapped in your area? Why are these rocks present and how did those rocks form? What is the long term history of geologic hazards at this location? Be sure to include vivid and information visuals. (2 points)
4) Cause of this Geologic Hazardwhat happened to cause the incident and why? Please describe the chain of events from a science concept and geologic standpoint. [For example, if the event was a post-fire debris flow the chain of events probably is: a) the steep slope formed slowly over time, b) fire destroyed vegetation on this slope, c) roots that hold the soil together died off, d) major precipitation occurred, which rapidly coalesced on the ground as surface flow, e) surface water captured all the soil and rapidly moved it down the nearest channel is a massive slurry, e) this debris flow impacted houses and residents downstream.] (2 points)
5) What did geologists learn about geology from this event? How did the community adapt its safety plans since this event? What changes have people and businesses made to address future risk of similar hazards? (2 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more