For this sp*ech, you will be asked to negate the position you argued for your affirmative speech. Now that you are arguing the negative position, you will offer reasons why the proposition should be rejected.
I have attached 2 files below, one is my affirmative writing that I wrote, the other file is the negative outline. You need to turn my affirmative argument into a negative manuscript using the negative outline.
Deepfake Technology Abrahim Ibrahim
Cal State Los Angeles Comm1200 Dr.Grau 3/21/23
I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Abhijit Naskar, one of the most prominent neuroscientists and
an unwavering advocate of global peace and harmony, in his book “The Gospel of Technology,” mentioned, “In an attempt to ruin my reputation in society, if some extremist group makes a deep fake video of me forcefully trying to have sex with a woman and posts it on the internet, you literally have no way of not believing that it’s me.” (Naskar, 2020). Thus, deepfake technology poses a serious threat to our privacy and security, and we must address this issue before it is too late.
B. Thesis:While deep fake technology has many beneficial applications, the danger of malicious use and manipulation will likely allow its unregulated use. As a result, we must control the use of deepfake technology to prevent abuse and adverse consequences.
C. Preview: First, I will explain the Affirmative argument for the advantages of deepfake technology. Then I will explain why I disagree with the affirmative and argue that the risks of deepfake technology outweigh any benefits. Finally, I will present a counter-plan to regulate deepfake technology to prevent its harmful use.
Transition: First, let us begin by considering the Affirmative argument favoring deepfake technology.
II. Body A. The Affirmative noted that deepfake technology has a lot of potential to benefit
society. For example, it can be used to create realistic simulations for training purposes, create virtual influencers for marketing, and generate more realistic special effects in films.
1. The affirmative argued that deepfake technology can be very helpful to the entertainment industry by: improving the quality of special effects and opening up new avenues for storytelling, bringing back deceased actors to star in new films, or creating virtual versions of historical figures to educate and engage audiences.
2. Deepfake technology, according to the affirmative, can also be used in education and training by creating realistic simulations for training purposes, such as medical simulations or military training exercises. These
simulations can provide a safe and controlled environment for people to practice and improve their skills without endangering themselves or others.
Review evidence:While deepfake technology has numerous advantages, it also has major drawbacks that must be considered.
Transition: I disagree with the affirmative and believe that the risk of abuse and malicious use of deepfake technology outweighs the benefits.
B. The argument advanced by the Affirmative ignores the potential for malicious use of deepfake technology, such as political manipulation, fraud, and cyberbullying.
1. Deepfake technology can be used to generate fake news or deceptive videos that spread misinformation.
a. According to a Pew Research Center poll conducted in 2019, 64% of American adults believe that fake news and information make it difficult to know what to believe, and 54% believe that it undermines trust in government institutions (Perrin, 2019).
b. In 2018, filmmaker Jordan Peele collaborated with Buzzfeed to create a deepfake video of former US President Barack Obama, raising awareness about the potential for deepfake technology to be used for malicious purposes. Peele imitated Obama’s voice and used artificial intelligence technology to create a convincing fake video of Obama speaking in the video. The video was created to appear as a public service warning about deepfake technology’s dangers (Pantserev, 2020).
2. Deepfake technology can be used to generate fake videos or images, which can harm a person’s reputation or credibility. In a 2020 survey conducted by Ipsos, 31% of Americans reported that they or someone they know had been the victim of image or video-based abuse, with deepfake technology being used in 63% of these incidents (Ipsos, 2020).
3. Deepfake technology can be used to create fake videos or images for cyberbullying. According to a 2020 study conducted by the Cyberbullying Research Center, 36% of American teens have experienced cyberbullying, and 25% have witnessed someone cyberbullied using deepfake technology (Hinduja & Patchin, 2020).
4. Deepfake technology can generate fake videos or images that can influence public opinion during elections, thus influencing democracy. In a 2021 Edelman poll, 71% of Americans expressed concern about using deepfake technology in political campaigns.
Transition:While the potential for deepfake technology abuse and malicious use is significant, there is still hope for regulation to prevent its harmful effects.
C. The Affirmative proposed solution of banning deepfake technology altogether is not practical, as it has positive applications that align with the ever-changing world. A better solution would be to regulate the use of deepfake technology to prevent harmful applications while still allowing for positive applications.
1. Deepfake technology is expected to have a positive economic impact in the coming years, with the potential to generate up to $5.2 billion in revenue by 2026, according to a World Economic Forum report (World Economic Forum, 2021).
2. Banning deepfake technology altogether may not be practical or effective in preventing its harmful use, as the technology can be developed and distributed in countries with looser regulations. Instead, regulating deepfake technology can help prevent its misuse while allowing for its positive applications (Mahmud & Sharmin, 2021).
3. According to a Pew Research Center poll conducted in 2019, most Americans (56%) believe that technology companies, not the government, should take the lead in regulating the use of deepfake technology (Perrin, 2019). This suggests that a collaborative approach between technology companies and government regulation may be more effective in mitigating the risks of deepfake technology.
4. Westerlund (2019) also suggested that ethical guidelines and regulations for using deepfake technology in the entertainment industry be developed.
Transition: Regulating deepfake technology can help mitigate its negative effects while allowing for its positive applications in education and entertainment.
III. Conclusion A. Review: The Affirmative argues that deepfake technology has benefits, but the
potential for malicious use and manipulation outweighs any benefits. Deepfake technology must be regulated in order to avoid abuse and negative consequences.
B. New Thesis:While deepfake technology can potentially transform industries such as entertainment and education, it also poses a serious threat to individual privacy, national security, and democratic processes. As a result, policymakers must act swiftly to regulate the development and use of deepfakes to avoid their negative effects.
C. Closing Thought/Clincher:While the potential benefits of deepfake technology are significant, the risks are equally severe. To protect our democracy, privacy, and security, policymakers and individuals must recognize the risks and take steps to ensure that deepfake technology is developed and used responsibly.
References Edelman. (2021). Edelman Trust Barometer 2021.
https://www.edelman.com/trust/2021-trust-barometer Hinduja, S., & Patchin, J. W. (2020). State of cyberbullying in the US: Research and
resources. Cyberbullying Research Center. https://cyberbullying.org/state-of-cyberbullying-in-the-us-research-and-resources
Ipsos. (2020). The reality of deepfakes. https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/reality-deepfakes
Mahmud, B. U., & Sharmin, A. (2021). Deep insights of deepfake technology: A review. arXiv preprint arXiv:2105.00192.
Naskar, A. (2020). The Gospel of Technology. Neuro Cookies. Pantserev, K. A. (2020). The malicious use of AI-based deepfake technology as the new
threat to psychological security and political stability. Cyber defence in the age of AI, smart societies and augmented humanity, 37-55.
Perrin, A. (2019). Americans’ attitudes about misinformation and fake news. Pew Research Center. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/06/05/americans-attitudes-about-misinfo rmation-and-fake-news/
Westerlund, Mika. “The emergence of deepfake technology: A review.” Technology innovation management review 9.11 (2019).
1. Attention-Getter: (labels for these items must
1. Negation: be included in outline)
1. Review stock issue attacking (NOT entire Aff speech)
1. Review claim
a. evidence for 1
b. evidence for 1
1. Review evidence
1. Claim about why Aff is wrong
1. How/why is Aff wrong/Ill isn’t a problem/Blame is misidentified
1. How/why status quo is right/good/sufficient to solve ill
a . evidence for 2
(1) evidence for a
(2) evidence for a
(a) evidence for (2)
(b) evidence for (2)
b. evidence for 2
1. Claim about why the Cure won’t solve Ill
1. What are costs for Aff’s cure
1. Why the solvency is insufficient to warrant plan
1. What is counterplan for cure (only if attacking Aff’s Blame)
1. Review: (the labels for these main points
1. NEW Thesis: this is the Neg’s claim must be in your final outline)
1. Closing Thought/Clincher:
[List your sources, in alphabetical order, using APA citation style]
Graduatewriterhelp.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Graduatewriterhelp.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.
Graduatewriterhelp.com is an online academic writing site catering to students from all educational levels, from high school and college to graduate level and beyond. The website has a team of experienced writers who are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to provide top-notch custom writing services for any task assigned by our customers.
At Graduatewriterhelp.com, we specialize in offering assistance with the following tasks: essays, research papers, projects, case studies, book reviews, lab reports, presentations, term papers and even editing or proofreading services as well. All these tasks can be done according to the instructions provided by our clients without compromising on the quality or accuracy of work delivered within shorter periods of time as per customer requirements. Clients also have access to knowledgeable customer support staff, which assists them with their queries at any time during the day or night when placing orders through our website interface.
In addition to the regular services offered by Graduatewriterhelp.com such as essay writing help for high school and college assignments; dissertation/thesis preparation for postgraduate programs; coursework composition for undergraduates; editing/proofreading services for students who require revisions on pre-written works; we also offer specialized services like grant proposal writing assistance for those seeking funds from external bodies; data analysis report creation based on statistical information collected from relevant sources; CV/resume formatting according to employer expectations; literature reviews postulating various interpretations on certain topics etcetera based on customer needs..
We also facilitate the completion of important applications such as those needed while applying abroad or enrolling into some universities where thoroughness is critical in order secure admissions favorably that meet admission criteria demandingly set forth by these institutions due to intense competition witnessed globally today among prospective applicants vying places available therein limited vacancies so created thereupon every academic year…
Moreover, our experts are qualified in diverse fields being well versed in different areas of knowledge too, thus enabling us to cover almost any topic that may come your way thereby providing comprehensive solutions pertaining same conclusively efficient manner possible, meeting customer deadlines within the desired timeframe successfully sans excuses whatsoever implicated concerning inconsistency matters grade expectation meeting provided via us hereunder…
By availing our services at Graduatewriterhelp.com, clients can rest assured that their work will be completed accurately within their specified deadlines without compromising quality standards expected out of professional service providers like ourselves.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more