In Week 7 of this course, you will be asked to submit an introductory literature review similar to the introduction of the manuscript for a research paper. This will provide a conceptual overview of a topic of your choice (related to learning and motivation), synthesizing for the reader what research has been previously conducted on the topic, what theoretical frameworks have guided this work, what is currently known about the topic and what is not (yet) known. For Week 5 (this week), you will submit an outline of the introductory literature review. It should include in-text citations and references to at least 10 peer-reviewed journal articles that report on original studies that have been conducted (not secondary sources).
Note: *A scholarly journal article has been peer-reviewed. An original research article includes the first-time report of a research study or studies the author(s) conducted, including methodology (participants), results, and discussion. If your article does not have a Methods section, it is not the right type of article for this assignment. If you are not sure about the article you have selected, please ask your professor.
Please note that the outline should not contain roman numerals or alphabet-style labels. Labels will be headings that would be appropriate for the paper. Use paragraph form to describe what you will discuss in each section. Outline examples will be discussed in KL (Week 5). Attend or watch the recording before submitting the assignment.
For the Week 5 outline:
1. First, give a brief overview of what your paper topic is and what you will accomplish in the paper (thesis statement)
2. Use headings to group the major themes (and subthemes) you will cover in the paper. Be specific with your headings and check that they match what you are discussing (with the same level of specificity).
3. Under each heading, give a brief description of what you will discuss in the section and use in-text citations to support the major points you will make. Begin paragraphs with the main point you will make in the section, then use citations to support that point. Note- citations should be integrated into paragraph form to demonstrate what specific points they will support. Citations should NOT simply be listed at end of the paragraph. Demonstrate how the citations support the point(s) you are making. This will help you prepare for synthesis (looking across multiple studies) rather than a simple point-by-point (reporting) approach. Expect to have multiple citations under each heading. If you have a proposed section with only one citation, make a note that you will search/include more in the final paper.
4. Use at least 10 scholarly peer-reviewed empirical articles. You may include more, as 10 is the minimum (not maximum).
5. Be sure to use APA style, including the title page, appropriate grammar, spelling, and mechanics, as well as citations and references.
Week 5 Theories of Learning and Motivation
Long Term Memory
Chapter 8: Nature of Knowledge
1. Discussion: Learning
2. Assignment: Draft Literature Review
Discussion Board Imagine you are running a support group or giving a presentation for/to an audience/population with which you are familiar. You have 30 minutes to communicate something important to this group.
Describe your group and topic. Then, explain in concrete terms how you could use each of the following four strategies in your lecture/presentation to maximize the likelihood that your group members would engage in effective encoding of your content:
a. meaningful learning
b. internal organization
d. visual imagery
Rough Draft Lit Review/Outline
• For Week 5 (this week), you will submit an outline of the introductory literature review.
• It should include in-text citations and references to at least 10 peer-reviewed journal articles that report on original studies that have been conducted (not secondary sources).
1. Brief overview of what your paper topic is and what you will accomplish in the paper (thesis statement)
2. Headings to group the major themes (and subthemes)
3. Under each heading, give a brief description of what you will discuss in the section and use in-text citations to support the major points you will make. Expect to have multiple citations under each heading. If you have a proposed section with only one citation, make a note that you will search/include more in the final paper.
4. Use at least 10 scholarly peer-reviewed empirical articles. You may include more as 10 is the minimum (not maximum).
5. Be sure to use APA style, including title page, appropriate grammar, spelling, and mechanics, as well as citations and references.
Provide a short paragraph introducing the reader to the main topic and the key concepts that will be addressed in the literature review
Theme 1 (heading)- describe the first main topic of your literature review. Next, describe the information you will discuss in your literature
review paper and cite articles that will support your discussion.
Theme 2 (heading)- describe the second main topic of your literature review. Next, describe the information you will discuss in your literature
review paper and cite articles that will support your discussion.
Add themes (headings) as needed
Include subheadings if needed
References (centered on new page)
list all references included in the outline
-Use headers (and subheadings) to highlight main themes -Describe what you will discuss in the section -Use 10 in-text citations to support each section. -Each citation should match one reference -Double check APA style for references
Literature reviews are a synthesis of results across multiple
Focus on the important findings, the big picture or question.
Group your studies according to the point you want to make
Looks across research for
Focus on findings
Does NOT- go into any
previous research at length
-Starts a paragraph with the
-Includes research but not
synthesis or connections
between the research
-Leaves the main point and so
what? factor for the reader to
-Starts a paragraph with the main
-Includes transitions to link
together and help support the
-Emphasizes and explains the
main point and so what? factor to
Writing Style: Formal Writing
1. Unbiased & fact-based argumentation
2. Impersonal (do not use personal pronouns such as “I”, “you”, “we”)
-Can use when referring to your own study/hypothesis
-“We” is always reserved for 2 or more authors
If there were a formula;)
Main point of paragraph
Evidence that supports
More evidence that supports
Conclude with restating main point
Become very aware of what you include and what you do not.
Ask yourself if every paragraph answers the So What? Question.
Use transitions to help create your argument
Graduatewriterhelp.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Graduatewriterhelp.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.
Graduatewriterhelp.com is an online academic writing site catering to students from all educational levels, from high school and college to graduate level and beyond. The website has a team of experienced writers who are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to provide top-notch custom writing services for any task assigned by our customers.
At Graduatewriterhelp.com, we specialize in offering assistance with the following tasks: essays, research papers, projects, case studies, book reviews, lab reports, presentations, term papers and even editing or proofreading services as well. All these tasks can be done according to the instructions provided by our clients without compromising on the quality or accuracy of work delivered within shorter periods of time as per customer requirements. Clients also have access to knowledgeable customer support staff, which assists them with their queries at any time during the day or night when placing orders through our website interface.
In addition to the regular services offered by Graduatewriterhelp.com such as essay writing help for high school and college assignments; dissertation/thesis preparation for postgraduate programs; coursework composition for undergraduates; editing/proofreading services for students who require revisions on pre-written works; we also offer specialized services like grant proposal writing assistance for those seeking funds from external bodies; data analysis report creation based on statistical information collected from relevant sources; CV/resume formatting according to employer expectations; literature reviews postulating various interpretations on certain topics etcetera based on customer needs..
We also facilitate the completion of important applications such as those needed while applying abroad or enrolling into some universities where thoroughness is critical in order secure admissions favorably that meet admission criteria demandingly set forth by these institutions due to intense competition witnessed globally today among prospective applicants vying places available therein limited vacancies so created thereupon every academic year…
Moreover, our experts are qualified in diverse fields being well versed in different areas of knowledge too, thus enabling us to cover almost any topic that may come your way thereby providing comprehensive solutions pertaining same conclusively efficient manner possible, meeting customer deadlines within the desired timeframe successfully sans excuses whatsoever implicated concerning inconsistency matters grade expectation meeting provided via us hereunder…
By availing our services at Graduatewriterhelp.com, clients can rest assured that their work will be completed accurately within their specified deadlines without compromising quality standards expected out of professional service providers like ourselves.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more