Individual Problems 19-5Soft selling occurs when a buyer is skeptical of the usefulness of a product and the seller offers to set a price that depends on realized value. For example, suppose a sales representative is trying to sell a company a new accounting system that will, with certainty, reduce costs by 20%. However, the customer has heard this claim before and believes there is only a 20% chance of actually realizing that cost reduction and a 80% chance of realizing no cost reduction.Assume the customer has an initial total cost of $900.According to the customer’s beliefs, the expected value of the accounting system, or the expected reduction in cost, is._______?_______Suppose the sales representative initially offers the accounting system to the customer for a price of $108.00.The information asymmetry stems from the fact that thebuyer or salesrep has more information about the efficacy of the accounting system than does the buyer or salesrep . At this price, the customer willor will not purchase the accounting system, since the expected value of the accounting system isless or greater than the price.Instead of naming a price, suppose the sales representative offers to give the customer the product in exchange for 50% of the cost savings. If there is no reduction in cost for the customer, then the customer does not have to pay.True or False: This pricing scheme worsens the problem of information asymmetry in this scenario.True or False
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more