Language as a Tool for Social Justice, Racial Equity, and Cultural LearningGrant Proposal
You can apply for up to $10,000 in grant funds to support a project addressing a social justice, racial equity,and/or cultural learning goal that is based upon linguistic/language awareness, knowledge, and action.
First, please think about communities and institutions that you’re familiar with. You can propose a topicaddressing an issue that you perceive in one of these:
Your hometown and/or San Jos or another city/town close by A public institution/organization in one of these places
A company or work environment you’re familiar with A general or particular organization or administrative area of SJSU
Another school you’re very familiar with
A social media app, game, or other online community that you and people you know are significantlyinvolved with
Another community/organization you are very familiar withThen, in order to decide on a proposal topic, please review this semester’s readings, discussion posts, and ourclass discussions on Canvas.
When you have decided upon a topic, please develop a proposal of 900-1500 words (total). Your proposal should include the following parts:
1. Summary and goals: Briefly, what do you propose to accomplish?
2. Introduction and rationale: What real-world issue do you hope to address with your plan? Why is itimportant to you, and to the larger community?
3. Historical and conceptual background: What key ideas, arguments, and terms from our study in LING129 inform your approach? What historical, cultural, and/or social issues underlie the issue(s) you’retrying to address? What understanding of language is necessary to understand the issue(s)?
4. Action plan: What practical steps will need to be followed in order to execute your plan? Who will thepersonnel/team be? How many people would need to be involved, and in what capacity? What willyour likely budgetary and other material needs be? (If you are requesting funds up to $10,000, howwill you allocate these?)
5. Anticipated challenges: What are the challenges–political, social, logistical, material, etc.–that youanticipate? What actions or resources will be needed to address them?6. Evaluation: How will you know, measure, or evaluate when and how your plan has succeeded?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more