11. A nurse is caring for a disabled individual and her family. The nurse recognizes that a potential effect on the family may include:
a. High out-of-pocket expenses to receive necessary services
b. Alteration of self-concept and self-esteem
c. Compliance with necessary legislation to maintain services
d. Provision of health care services by the health department
12. To improve the health and wellness of persons with disabilities, what action should the nurse take?
a. Treat the whole person, not just the disability.
b. Focus on the disability and the related illnesses.
c. Acknowledge the ability, not the disability.
d. Ensure persons with disabilities have access to home health care.
13. Which statement about physically compromised persons who are experiencing poverty is true?
a. They are more likely to have access to needed services.
b. They are at greater risk for more rapid progression of disease processes.
c. Their care is usually better coordinated.
d. They require more nursing in-home care than persons not living in poverty.
14. When working with low-income disabled families who have young children, the nurse recognizes that the children who are at greatest risk for abuse have:
a. Physical disabilities
b. Developmental delays
c. Mental retardation
d. Cognitive disabilities
15. A nurse implements a health promotion education programs for physically compromised adults. What is the most important reason to provide programming for this population?
a. Health promotion interventions are similar among those with disabilities.
b. Establishment of health-promoting behaviors is difficult.
c. Information and counseling is needed to prevent other health problems.
d. Community resources can be accessed through these presentations.
16. How does Healthy People 2020 address persons with disabilities?
a. Suggests specific therapies and techniques for working with this population
b. Recognizes disabled individuals as productive citizens
c. Recommends the development of community health centers
d. Emphasizes increased access to services for this population
17. Which role is being performed when the nurse speaks on behalf of others who are unable to speak for themselves?
18. When the nurse maintains current information about agencies whose services are of potential use to the disabled and directs clients to the resources that can meet their needs, which role is being demonstrated?
c. Referral agent
19. The nurse, with agreement from the family, arranges for families to see social workers on the same day that they bring their children for follow-up care in a pediatric cardiology clinic. The role being performed is:
d. Case finder
20. The nurse organizes developmental vision and hearing screening of young children to identify those with disabilities. The nurse is performing which role?
d. Case finder
21. An employee who is blind is able to bring a service animal to work because of the provisions included in which legislation?
a. The Rehabilitation Act of 1973
b. The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
c. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 1975
d. The Developmental Disabilities Act and Bill of Rights Act of 2000
1. Which individuals would meet the definition of work disability as defined by the United State Census Bureau? Select all that apply.
a. An individual who has resigned from a position because of discrimination
b. An individual who has retired or left a job for health reasons
c. An individual who did not work because of long-term mental illness
d. An individual who did not work in the past 12 months because of illness
2. Which conditions may contribute to disability? Select all that apply.
b. Tobacco use
c. Lack of access to health care
d. Unsanitary living conditions
3. What factors should a nurse take into consideration when planning nursing interventions for disabled individuals living in poverty? Select all that apply.
a. This population may have difficulty securing employment.
b. This population may have less access to health care.
c. This population is better able to use community resources.
d. This population may make healthier lifestyle choices.
GraduateWriterHelp.com is an online academic writing platform that provides extensive assistance to graduate school students as they work through their research projects, papers and dissertations. GraduateWriterHelp.com gives students access to experienced professionals who can provide the help they need in a timely and efficient manner. The service offers a wide range of services, including editing, proofreading, formatting, researching and more that can give students the confidence they need to write the perfect paper or dissertation for their chosen subject matter.
Services Offered by GraduateWriterHelp.com
GraduateWriterHelp.com offers a wealth of different services designed to make research projects easier for graduate school students. These include editing, proofreading, formatting and researching services, all tailored specifically for graduate-level studies such as PhDs or Master’s degrees in any field from business administration to engineering or even psychology – all with the aim of helping busy students find success in their academics without having to sacrifice other important commitments like family time or work hours towards earning a living wage outside of college hours.
The Benefits of Using GraduateWriterHelp.com
Using GraduateWriterHelp.com gives you access to experts from all over the world who are highly qualified and experienced in helping graduate-level students to complete successful projects in various fields quickly and efficiently – something that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, given tight deadlines associated with most Ph.D./Master’s degree programs today. Moreover, using this platform makes it easier for students to keep up with multiple research tasks simultaneously since there are so many different experts available on tap at any one time – no longer will you have to put off studying one topic while focusing on another because of lack of resources! Additionally, having access to professional editors, proofreaders, but also formatters means that quality control standards aren’t sacrificed when finishing major pieces – since these individuals understand what makes up good academic writing better than anyone else and can offer guidance on how best one should go about making improvements along those lines. Finally, there is also an added cost-saving benefit associated with utilizing Graduate Writer Help compared to hiring an independent contractor (which could potentially run into thousands depending on length/complexity).
This service allows users only pay for what students need, which tends to be much lower overall because customers pay per hour rather than project basis, thus resulting to greater financial flexibility, especially for those just starting out postgraduate studies looking to conserve some pennies here there whenever possible!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more