171. Training programs for the mentally retarded have proven relatively effective in making it possible for some retarded individuals to function in society. These types of programs generally rely on __________
c)behavioral modification techniques.
How are learning disabilities defined and treated?
172. In order to be legally classified as suffering from a learning disability, a child must be assessed as functioning at a level that is _____ year(s) behind his or her same-aged peers.
– What is the nature-nurture debate regarding intelligence, and why are twin studies important to it?
173. He coined the phrase “nature-nurture controversy.”
b)Sir Francis Galton
174. Sir Francis Galton studied intelligence in many prominent English families and concluded from this research that intelligence is __________
a)largely subject to environmental influence.
c)determined by an equal influence from the environment and heredity.
d)determined by about a 70/30 split in favor of heredity.
175. Today the debate over whether intelligence is due to genetic or environmental factors does not focus so much on either or, but rather _________
a)when the influence of the environment begins and ends.
b)when the influence of genetics begins and ends.
c)how much of each factor contributes to intelligence.
d)what the nature of intelligence actually is.
176. If a child was adopted as an infant and never had contact with her or his biological parents, the child would likely develop an IQ that __________
a)more closely resembled the adoptive parents’ IQ.
b)more closely resembled the IQ of the biological siblings in the adoptive family.
c)more closely resembled the biological parents’ IQ.
d)falls somewhere between that of the biological and adoptive parents.
177. Which of the following statements about heredity and intelligence is TRUE?
a) Similarities in intelligence between identical twins who were separated at birth and raised in different
houses must be due to heredity.
b) Differences in intelligence between identical twins must be due to differences in their environments.
c) If identical twins are separated at birth and raised in different homes, yet still have similar intelligence
scores, the similarity in their scores must be due to hereditary influences.
d) Prenatal influences have little, if any, influence on intelligence and need not be taken into account when
studying environmental influences.
178. If intelligence is determined primarily by heredity, which pair should show the highest correlation between IQ scores?
a) fraternal twins
b) identical twins
c) brothers and sisters
d) parents and children
179. Which of the following groups of children is most likely to have the most similar IQ scores?
a) identical twins reared apart
b) same-sex fraternal twins
c) siblings reared together
d) identical twins reared together
What kinds of evidence suggest that IQ is changeable?
180. When we consider intelligence, it is important to remember that although __________ sets limits on a child’s potential, it is the __________ that permits that potential to be actualized.
a) learning; opportunity
b) opportunity; learning
c) heredity; environment
GraduateWriterHelp.com is an online academic writing platform that provides extensive assistance to graduate school students as they work through their research projects, papers and dissertations. GraduateWriterHelp.com gives students access to experienced professionals who can provide the help they need in a timely and efficient manner. The service offers a wide range of services, including editing, proofreading, formatting, researching and more that can give students the confidence they need to write the perfect paper or dissertation for their chosen subject matter.
Services Offered by GraduateWriterHelp.com
GraduateWriterHelp.com offers a wealth of different services designed to make research projects easier for graduate school students. These include editing, proofreading, formatting and researching services, all tailored specifically for graduate-level studies such as PhDs or Master’s degrees in any field from business administration to engineering or even psychology – all with the aim of helping busy students find success in their academics without having to sacrifice other important commitments like family time or work hours towards earning a living wage outside of college hours.
The Benefits of Using GraduateWriterHelp.com
Using GraduateWriterHelp.com gives you access to experts from all over the world who are highly qualified and experienced in helping graduate-level students to complete successful projects in various fields quickly and efficiently – something that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, given tight deadlines associated with most Ph.D./Master’s degree programs today. Moreover, using this platform makes it easier for students to keep up with multiple research tasks simultaneously since there are so many different experts available on tap at any one time – no longer will you have to put off studying one topic while focusing on another because of lack of resources! Additionally, having access to professional editors, proofreaders, but also formatters means that quality control standards aren’t sacrificed when finishing major pieces – since these individuals understand what makes up good academic writing better than anyone else and can offer guidance on how best one should go about making improvements along those lines. Finally, there is also an added cost-saving benefit associated with utilizing Graduate Writer Help compared to hiring an independent contractor (which could potentially run into thousands depending on length/complexity).
This service allows users only pay for what students need, which tends to be much lower overall because customers pay per hour rather than project basis, thus resulting to greater financial flexibility, especially for those just starting out postgraduate studies looking to conserve some pennies here there whenever possible!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more