21) You push downward on a box at an angle 25° below the horizontal with a force of 750 N. If the box is on a flat horizontal surface for which the coefficient of static friction with the box is 0.76, what is the mass of the heaviest box you will be able to move?
A) 59 kg
B) 68 kg
C) 54 kg
D) 82 kg
22) A person is dragging a packing crate of mass 100 kg across a rough horizontal floor where the coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.400. He exerts a force F sufficient to accelerate the crate forward. At what angle above horizontal should his pulling force be directed in order to achieve the maximum acceleration?
23) A packing crate rests on a horizontal surface. It is acted on by three horizontal forces: 600 N to the left, 200 N to the right, and friction. The weight of the crate is 400 N. If the 600-N force is removed, the resultant force acting on the crate is
B) 200 N to the right.
C) 200 N to the left.
D) 400 N to the left.
E) impossible to determine from the information given.
24) A 6.0 kg box slides down an inclined plane that makes an angle of 39° with the horizontal. If the coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.19, at what rate does the box accelerate down the slope?
A) 4.7 m/s2
B) 5.2 m/s2
C) 5.5 m/s2
D) 6.2 m/s2
25) A 200 g hockey puck is launched up a metal ramp that is inclined at a 30° angle. The coefficients of static and kinetic friction between the hockey puck and the metal ramp are μs = 0.40 and μk = 0.30, respectively. The puck’s initial speed is 63 m/s. What vertical height does the puck reach above its starting point?
A) 130 m
B) 270 m
C) 200 m
D) 66 m
26) A 200 g hockey puck is launched up a metal ramp that is inclined at a 30° angle. The coefficients of static and kinetic friction between the hockey puck and the metal ramp are μs = 0.40 and μk = 0.30, respectively. The puck’s initial speed is 4.9 m/s. What speed does it have when it slides back down to its starting point?
A) 2.8 m/s
B) 3.5 m/s
C) 4.2 m/s
D) 4.9 m/s
27) A 4.00-kg block rests on a 30.0° incline as shown in the figure. If the coefficient of static friction between the block and the incline is 0.700, what magnitude horizontal force F must act on the block to start it moving up the incline?
A) 34.0 N
B) 51.1 N
C) 54.7 N
D) 84.0 N
E) 76.4 N
28) A box is sliding down an incline tilted at a 12.0° angle above horizontal. The box is initially sliding down the incline at a speed of 1.50 m/s. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the box and the incline is 0.340. How far does the box slide down the incline before coming to rest?
A) 0.920 m
B) 2.33 m
C) 1.78 m
D) 0.720 m
E) The box does not stop. It accelerates down the plane.
29) A 50.0-kg block is being pulled up a 16.0° slope by a force of 250 N which is parallel to the slope. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the block and the slope is 0.200. What is the magnitude of the acceleration of the block?
A) 0.528 m/s2
B) 0.158 m/s2
C) 0.412 m/s2
D) 0.983 m/s2
E) 0.260 m/s2
30) In the figure, a T-bar ski tow pulls a skier up a hill inclined at 10° above horizontal. The skier starts from rest and is pulled by a cable that exerts a tension T at an angle of 30° above the surface of the hill. The mass of the skier is 60 kg and the effective coefficient of kinetic friction between the skis and the snow is 0.100. What is the maximum tension in the cable if the starting acceleration is not to exceed 0.400 g?
A) 246 N
B) 366 N
C) 431 N
D) 187 N
E) 535 N
GraduateWriterHelp.com is an online academic writing platform that provides extensive assistance to graduate school students as they work through their research projects, papers and dissertations. GraduateWriterHelp.com gives students access to experienced professionals who can provide the help they need in a timely and efficient manner. The service offers a wide range of services, including editing, proofreading, formatting, researching and more that can give students the confidence they need to write the perfect paper or dissertation for their chosen subject matter.
Services Offered by GraduateWriterHelp.com
GraduateWriterHelp.com offers a wealth of different services designed to make research projects easier for graduate school students. These include editing, proofreading, formatting and researching services, all tailored specifically for graduate-level studies such as PhDs or Master’s degrees in any field from business administration to engineering or even psychology – all with the aim of helping busy students find success in their academics without having to sacrifice other important commitments like family time or work hours towards earning a living wage outside of college hours.
The Benefits of Using GraduateWriterHelp.com
Using GraduateWriterHelp.com gives you access to experts from all over the world who are highly qualified and experienced in helping graduate-level students to complete successful projects in various fields quickly and efficiently – something that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, given tight deadlines associated with most Ph.D./Master’s degree programs today. Moreover, using this platform makes it easier for students to keep up with multiple research tasks simultaneously since there are so many different experts available on tap at any one time – no longer will you have to put off studying one topic while focusing on another because of lack of resources! Additionally, having access to professional editors, proofreaders, but also formatters means that quality control standards aren’t sacrificed when finishing major pieces – since these individuals understand what makes up good academic writing better than anyone else and can offer guidance on how best one should go about making improvements along those lines. Finally, there is also an added cost-saving benefit associated with utilizing Graduate Writer Help compared to hiring an independent contractor (which could potentially run into thousands depending on length/complexity).
This service allows users only pay for what students need, which tends to be much lower overall because customers pay per hour rather than project basis, thus resulting to greater financial flexibility, especially for those just starting out postgraduate studies looking to conserve some pennies here there whenever possible!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more