41) A heat engine operating at maximum efficiency has an efficiency of 35.0%. The temperature of the hot reservoir is 700 K. What is the temperature of the cold reservoir?
A) 200 K
B) 245 K
C) 350 K
D) 455 K
E) 600 K
42) A heat engine operating at maximum efficiency has an efficiency of 25%. The temperature of the cold reservoir is 300 K. What is the temperature of the hot reservoir?
A) 350 K
B) 375 K
C) 400 K
D) 450 K
E) 500 K
43) The ocean thermal energy conversion project uses the surface water near tropical islands with a temperature of 20.0°C as the hot temperature reservoir, and the water at some depth, with a temperature of 5.0°C, as the cold temperature reservoir for a heat engine. What is the maximum efficiency of an engine running between those two temperatures?
44) A certain Carnot engine has Th = Tc + 35K, and an efficiency of 20.0%. What is Th?
A) 70.0 K
B) 140 K
C) 175 K
D) 210 K
E) 245 K
45) A Carnot engine has an efficiency of 83.0% and performs 4500 J of work every cycle. How much energy is discharged to the lower temperature reservoir every cycle?
A) 922 J
B) 833 J
C) 744 J
D) 3735 J
E) 5422 J
46) A refrigerator has a coefficient of performance equal to 4.2. How much work must be done on the refrigerator in order to remove 250 J of heat from the interior?
A) 60 J
B) 120 J
C) 250 J
D) 480 J
E) 1050 J
47) An air conditioner with a coefficient of performance of 3.5 uses 30 kW of power. How much power is it discharging to the outdoors?
A) 30 kW
B) 75 kW
C) 105 kW
D) 135 kW
E) 210 kW
48) An ideal, reversible heat pump is taking heat from the outside air at -10.0°C and discharging it into the house at 18.0°C. What is the coefficient of performance of this heat pump?
49) A Carnot air conditioner operates between an indoor temperature of 20°C and an outdoor temperature of 39°C. How much energy does it need to remove 2000 J of heat from the interior of the house?
A) 105 J
B) 130 J
C) 780 J
D) 520 J
E) 340 J
50) The compressor in a certain Carnot refrigerator performs 480 J of work to remove 150 J of heat from the interior of the refrigerator. How much heat must the coils behind the refrigerator discharge into the kitchen?
A) 110 J
B) 150 J
C) 330 J
D) 480 J
E) 630 J
GraduateWriterHelp.com is an online academic writing platform that provides extensive assistance to graduate school students as they work through their research projects, papers and dissertations. GraduateWriterHelp.com gives students access to experienced professionals who can provide the help they need in a timely and efficient manner. The service offers a wide range of services, including editing, proofreading, formatting, researching and more that can give students the confidence they need to write the perfect paper or dissertation for their chosen subject matter.
Services Offered by GraduateWriterHelp.com
GraduateWriterHelp.com offers a wealth of different services designed to make research projects easier for graduate school students. These include editing, proofreading, formatting and researching services, all tailored specifically for graduate-level studies such as PhDs or Master’s degrees in any field from business administration to engineering or even psychology – all with the aim of helping busy students find success in their academics without having to sacrifice other important commitments like family time or work hours towards earning a living wage outside of college hours.
The Benefits of Using GraduateWriterHelp.com
Using GraduateWriterHelp.com gives you access to experts from all over the world who are highly qualified and experienced in helping graduate-level students to complete successful projects in various fields quickly and efficiently – something that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, given tight deadlines associated with most Ph.D./Master’s degree programs today. Moreover, using this platform makes it easier for students to keep up with multiple research tasks simultaneously since there are so many different experts available on tap at any one time – no longer will you have to put off studying one topic while focusing on another because of lack of resources! Additionally, having access to professional editors, proofreaders, but also formatters means that quality control standards aren’t sacrificed when finishing major pieces – since these individuals understand what makes up good academic writing better than anyone else and can offer guidance on how best one should go about making improvements along those lines. Finally, there is also an added cost-saving benefit associated with utilizing Graduate Writer Help compared to hiring an independent contractor (which could potentially run into thousands depending on length/complexity).
This service allows users only pay for what students need, which tends to be much lower overall because customers pay per hour rather than project basis, thus resulting to greater financial flexibility, especially for those just starting out postgraduate studies looking to conserve some pennies here there whenever possible!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more