5.4 Appendix: Measuring Real GDP
1) Using the chained-dollar method to calculate real GDP, real GDP is calculated by
A) valuing the current output at last year’s real GDP prices.
B) valuing the current output at current year prices.
C) averaging the growth of output from one year to the next when the growth rates are calculated using this year’s prices and using last year’s prices.
D) either A or C, depending which gives the larger value for real GDP.
E) averaging the value of current output valued using base year prices and current output valued using current year prices.
2) Janet calculated the GDP growth rates for France between 2012 and 2013. Using 2012 prices for both years, GDP increased 5 percent. Using 2013 prices for both years, GDP increased 1 percent. Hence the chained-price method will calculate that between these years, real GDP increased by
A) 1 percent.
B) 3 percent.
C) 5 percent.
D) 6 percent.
E) 4 percent.
3) The table above gives some data about GDP in a country for two years. Using these the chained-dollar method for calculating real GDP, real GDP increased by ________ percent between these two years.
4) Bananaland produces only bananas and sunscreen and the quantities and prices for 2012 and 2013 are given in the table above. The base year is 2012. Nominal GDP in 2012 is equal to
5) Bananaland produces only bananas and sunscreen and the quantities and prices for 2012 and 2013 are given in the table above. The base year is 2012. Nominal GDP in 2013 is equal to
6) Bananaland produces only bananas and sunscreen and the quantities and prices for 2012 and 2013 are given in the table above. The base year is 2012. Real GDP in 2012 is equal to
7) Bananaland produces only bananas and sunscreen and the quantities and prices for 2012 and 2013 are given in the table above. Between 2012 and 2013, which grew more rapidly, nominal GDP or real GDP?
A) Nominal GDP grew more rapidly.
B) Real GDP grew more rapidly.
C) Both grew at the same rate.
D) Because real GDP and nominal GDP use different prices, it is not possible to determine which grew most rapidly.
E) More information is needed to determine which grew more rapidly.
8) Bananaland produces only bananas and sunscreen and the quantities and prices for 2012 and 2013 are given in the table above. The base year is 2012. In 2013, which is larger, nominal GDP or real GDP?
A) Nominal GDP is larger.
B) Real GDP is larger.
C) Both are the same size.
D) The answer is ambiguous.
E) More information is needed to determine which is larger.
9) Real GDP measures the value of goods and services produced in a given year using
A) base year prices.
B) prices of that same year.
C) no prices.
D) future prices.
E) government approved prices.
10) In a small country, using prices of 2012, GDP in 2012 was $100 and GDP in 2013 was $110. Using prices of 2013, GDP in 2012 was $200 and GDP in 2013 was $210. The country’s BEA will calculate ________ percent as the growth in real GDP between those years.
E) None of the above answers is correct.
11) Using prices from 2012, GDP grew 10 percent between 2012 and 2013; using prices from 2013, GDP grew 8 percent between 2012 and 2013. For its link back to the base year, the BEA will use ________ percent as the growth in real GDP between 2012 and 2013.
GraduateWriterHelp.com is an online academic writing platform that provides extensive assistance to graduate school students as they work through their research projects, papers and dissertations. GraduateWriterHelp.com gives students access to experienced professionals who can provide the help they need in a timely and efficient manner. The service offers a wide range of services, including editing, proofreading, formatting, researching and more that can give students the confidence they need to write the perfect paper or dissertation for their chosen subject matter.
Services Offered by GraduateWriterHelp.com
GraduateWriterHelp.com offers a wealth of different services designed to make research projects easier for graduate school students. These include editing, proofreading, formatting and researching services, all tailored specifically for graduate-level studies such as PhDs or Master’s degrees in any field from business administration to engineering or even psychology – all with the aim of helping busy students find success in their academics without having to sacrifice other important commitments like family time or work hours towards earning a living wage outside of college hours.
The Benefits of Using GraduateWriterHelp.com
Using GraduateWriterHelp.com gives you access to experts from all over the world who are highly qualified and experienced in helping graduate-level students to complete successful projects in various fields quickly and efficiently – something that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, given tight deadlines associated with most Ph.D./Master’s degree programs today. Moreover, using this platform makes it easier for students to keep up with multiple research tasks simultaneously since there are so many different experts available on tap at any one time – no longer will you have to put off studying one topic while focusing on another because of lack of resources! Additionally, having access to professional editors, proofreaders, but also formatters means that quality control standards aren’t sacrificed when finishing major pieces – since these individuals understand what makes up good academic writing better than anyone else and can offer guidance on how best one should go about making improvements along those lines. Finally, there is also an added cost-saving benefit associated with utilizing Graduate Writer Help compared to hiring an independent contractor (which could potentially run into thousands depending on length/complexity).
This service allows users only pay for what students need, which tends to be much lower overall because customers pay per hour rather than project basis, thus resulting to greater financial flexibility, especially for those just starting out postgraduate studies looking to conserve some pennies here there whenever possible!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more