61. How do most people measure the value of a cultural object?
a. the contribution it makes to society
b. its popularity
c. its profitability
d. its intrinsic worth
62. When Fernando and Olivia moved from Mexico to the United States, they were expected to learn English. At their jobs, it was expected that they become fluent English speakers and that they would adapt to the dominant corporate culture. When they participated in the pot luck lunches at work, most people preferred that they bring an American dish. What were Fernando and Olivia experiencing?
a. “cultural awareness”
b. ethnic diversity
63. Many universities often value and celebrate cultural differences. This value is known as
64. Many multicultural communities will have signs available in both English and the languages spoken by the local community. What is the reason for this?
a. to receive more federal funding by showing that a community is multicultural
b. to have the English speakers learn another language
c. to accommodate various cultural groups
d. All of the answers are correct.
65. Which theoretical perspective points to the domination of more powerful groups over those with less power?
b. symbolic interactionist
66. Margie was learning about the Maasai tribe in Africa from her teacher. Her teacher was telling the class about the circumcision rituals that boys undergo at about the age of 10 when they are ready to become warriors. At this time, the boys paint their faces white and dress in black. Margie commented that this sounded like a very odd ritual and that she could not understand why anyone would want to be a part of this tribe. What was Margie exhibiting?
b. cultural relativism
c. cultural devaluing
67. What is a primary goal of multicultural societies?
a. deciding which language should be the primary language spoken by everyone in public settings
b. making sure that all new immigrants assimilate to the dominant culture
c. making signs are available in every language that is spoken
d. having people with different ways of life try to coexist
68. When people share a common language, worldview, history, and tradition this can promote
a. cultural relativism.
d. None of the answers is correct.
69. Which of the following groups could be considered xenophobic?
a. the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
b. the American Association of Retired Persons
c. the Ku Klux Klan
d. the March of Dimes
70. When Luther traveled to South America, he visited many different countries and experienced a variety of cultures. He tried different foods, witnessed some rituals that he had never encountered, and heard different languages spoken. He found that even though this was very different from his way of life, he could appreciate the richness of what he saw and tried to understand how those traditions might work for the people who lived there. What is Luther practicing?
a. cultural relativism
d. cultural modeling
GraduateWriterHelp.com is an online academic writing platform that provides extensive assistance to graduate school students as they work through their research projects, papers and dissertations. GraduateWriterHelp.com gives students access to experienced professionals who can provide the help they need in a timely and efficient manner. The service offers a wide range of services, including editing, proofreading, formatting, researching and more that can give students the confidence they need to write the perfect paper or dissertation for their chosen subject matter.
Services Offered by GraduateWriterHelp.com
GraduateWriterHelp.com offers a wealth of different services designed to make research projects easier for graduate school students. These include editing, proofreading, formatting and researching services, all tailored specifically for graduate-level studies such as PhDs or Master’s degrees in any field from business administration to engineering or even psychology – all with the aim of helping busy students find success in their academics without having to sacrifice other important commitments like family time or work hours towards earning a living wage outside of college hours.
The Benefits of Using GraduateWriterHelp.com
Using GraduateWriterHelp.com gives you access to experts from all over the world who are highly qualified and experienced in helping graduate-level students to complete successful projects in various fields quickly and efficiently – something that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, given tight deadlines associated with most Ph.D./Master’s degree programs today. Moreover, using this platform makes it easier for students to keep up with multiple research tasks simultaneously since there are so many different experts available on tap at any one time – no longer will you have to put off studying one topic while focusing on another because of lack of resources! Additionally, having access to professional editors, proofreaders, but also formatters means that quality control standards aren’t sacrificed when finishing major pieces – since these individuals understand what makes up good academic writing better than anyone else and can offer guidance on how best one should go about making improvements along those lines. Finally, there is also an added cost-saving benefit associated with utilizing Graduate Writer Help compared to hiring an independent contractor (which could potentially run into thousands depending on length/complexity).
This service allows users only pay for what students need, which tends to be much lower overall because customers pay per hour rather than project basis, thus resulting to greater financial flexibility, especially for those just starting out postgraduate studies looking to conserve some pennies here there whenever possible!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more