TRANSLATING KNOWLEDGE FROM AN EVALUATION STUDY
Instructors often comment that they learn much more about their subject matter when they begin to teach it. When they try to explain the topic to someone else, they begin to connect concepts in new ways. They anticipate questions that students might ask and consider different viewpoints. Thus, there is not only external value in guiding or instructing others; there is internal value for you as well. This idea of instruction-as-growth can be directly applied to the disseminating of research. The results of an evaluation do not serve a purpose without being shared, either within the organization or more broadly across the social work discipline. Such sharing facilitates critical thinking and potential application to practice.
For this Discussion, you assume the role of a social worker who is instructing their colleagues on the results of a particular evaluation study, and giving their recommendation about whether the organization should consider adopting the program or practice.
• Select an evaluation study from this week’s resources. Consider how you would present the information to a group of colleagues.
• Download the PowerPoint Presentation template from the Learning Resources and use it for this Discussion.
BY DAY 3
Post three slides in which you present the results of the evaluation to a group of social work colleagues. Within your slides:
• Summarize the important points of the study, including background information, research methods used to evaluate the program or practice, and the main findings.
• State whether you would support adopting the program or practice in your agency or community setting, based on the evidence.
Prepare your slides in a way that would hold your colleagues’ interest. Do not include narration.
• Dudley, J. R. (2020). Social work evaluation: Enhancing what we do (3rd ed.). Oxford University Press.
o Chapter 11, “Preparing and Disseminating a Report of Findings” (pp. 276–291)
• Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). PowerPoint presentationLinks to an external site.. https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/templates/general#s-lg-box-20293636
• Gurdak, K., Bond, L., Padgett, D., & Petering, R. (2022). Transitioning to independent living: Experiences of homeless young adults in rapid rehousingLinks to an external site.. Evaluation and Program Planning, 92, 102076. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.evalprogplan.2022.102076
• Haselden, M., Bloomfield-Clagett, B., Robinson, S., Brister, T., Jankowski, S. E., Rahim, R., Cabassa, L. J., & Dixon, L. (2020). Qualitative study of NAMI Homefront Family Support ProgramLinks to an external site.. Community Mental Health Journal, 56,1391–1405. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10597-020-00582-y
• Stylianou, A. M., Counselman-Carpenter, E., & Redcay, A. (2019). Developing a financial literacy program with survivors of intimate partner violence: The voices of survivorsLinks to an external site.. Social Work, 64(4), 311–320. https://doi.org/10.1093/sw/swz034
Resources for Remaining Current as a Researcher and Practitioner
• Information for PracticeLinks to an external site.. (n.d.). https://ifp.nyu.edu/
• The New Social WorkerLinks to an external site.. (n.d.). https://www.socialworker.com/
• The Social Work PodcastLinks to an external site.. (n.d.). https://socialworkpodcast.blogspot.com/
• Walden University Library. (n.d.). Journal alerts & search alerts: IntroductionLinks to an external site.. https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/alerts
Graduatewriterhelp.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Graduatewriterhelp.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.
Graduatewriterhelp.com is an online academic writing site catering to students from all educational levels, from high school and college to graduate level and beyond. The website has a team of experienced writers who are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to provide top-notch custom writing services for any task assigned by our customers.
At Graduatewriterhelp.com, we specialize in offering assistance with the following tasks: essays, research papers, projects, case studies, book reviews, lab reports, presentations, term papers and even editing or proofreading services as well. All these tasks can be done according to the instructions provided by our clients without compromising on the quality or accuracy of work delivered within shorter periods of time as per customer requirements. Clients also have access to knowledgeable customer support staff, which assists them with their queries at any time during the day or night when placing orders through our website interface.
In addition to the regular services offered by Graduatewriterhelp.com such as essay writing help for high school and college assignments; dissertation/thesis preparation for postgraduate programs; coursework composition for undergraduates; editing/proofreading services for students who require revisions on pre-written works; we also offer specialized services like grant proposal writing assistance for those seeking funds from external bodies; data analysis report creation based on statistical information collected from relevant sources; CV/resume formatting according to employer expectations; literature reviews postulating various interpretations on certain topics etcetera based on customer needs..
We also facilitate the completion of important applications such as those needed while applying abroad or enrolling into some universities where thoroughness is critical in order secure admissions favorably that meet admission criteria demandingly set forth by these institutions due to intense competition witnessed globally today among prospective applicants vying places available therein limited vacancies so created thereupon every academic year…
Moreover, our experts are qualified in diverse fields being well versed in different areas of knowledge too, thus enabling us to cover almost any topic that may come your way thereby providing comprehensive solutions pertaining same conclusively efficient manner possible, meeting customer deadlines within the desired timeframe successfully sans excuses whatsoever implicated concerning inconsistency matters grade expectation meeting provided via us hereunder…
By availing our services at Graduatewriterhelp.com, clients can rest assured that their work will be completed accurately within their specified deadlines without compromising quality standards expected out of professional service providers like ourselves.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more