(All answers must have 5-7 sentences each, in own words)
1. What are the positive aspects of wind energy? Explain at least 5 of them.
2. Identify the world’s largest three wind turbines built and their key characteristics (Location, Power, blade dia etc)
3. Write an equation to find power from a wind turbine. Explain each parameter in it.
4. What is the meaning of this equation
5. For a turbine with 160 m of wing (blade length) produces 7 MW or power. What would be the air velocity to generate this power?
6. Derive an expression for Betz limit. What is the maximum mechanical efficiency possible from a wind turbine?
7. What is the relation between ground wind speed, height, and wind speed at a certain height?
8. IF the ground wind speed is 5 m/sec. Estimate wind speed at the height of 250 m. In this case, what would be the power generated if we use a blade of 160 m.
9. Explain the terms a) lift b) drag c) solidity d) turbulence in relation to Wind turbines.
10. What are the major considerations in the design of a wind turbine (watch the video and explain how each parameter influences wind power)
11. Explain how wind energy reduces emissions from the atmosphere?
12. What are HAWT and VAWT?
13. With a small diagram, explain key components of a wind turbine.
14. What are the advantages and disadvantages of VAWT
15. What rated the power of a turbine and rated wind speed?
16. Explain the operating regimes of a wind turbine and the control strategy in each
17. Calculate the diameter for a 7.5MW wind turbine blade
18. What is the tip-speed ratio of a turbine?
19. Why do larger turbines rotate slowly (at optimum tip-speed ratio)
20. What is the connection between the tip speed ratio and the number of blades?
21. Optimally, how long would it take the 3-bladed 5 MW “monster” turbine to complete one revolution? The blade diameter is 145 m. (Assume a rated wind speed of 11 m/s.)
22. List 5 advantages and 5 disadvantages of wind turbines
Graduatewriterhelp.com is an online academic writing site catering to students from all educational levels, from high school and college to graduate level and beyond. The website has a team of experienced writers who are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to provide top-notch custom writing services for any task assigned by our customers.
At Graduatewriterhelp.com, we specialize in offering assistance with the following tasks: essays, research papers, projects, case studies, book reviews, lab reports, presentations, term papers and even editing or proofreading services as well. All these tasks can be done according to the instructions provided by our clients without compromising on the quality or accuracy of work delivered within shorter periods of time as per customer requirements. Clients also have access to knowledgeable customer support staff, which assists them with their queries at any time during the day or night when placing orders through our website interface.
In addition to the regular services offered by Graduatewriterhelp.com such as essay writing help for high school and college assignments; dissertation/thesis preparation for postgraduate programs; coursework composition for undergraduates; editing/proofreading services for students who require revisions on pre-written works; we also offer specialized services like grant proposal writing assistance for those seeking funds from external bodies; data analysis report creation based on statistical information collected from relevant sources; CV/resume formatting according to employer expectations; literature reviews postulating various interpretations on certain topics etcetera based on customer needs..
We also facilitate the completion of important applications such as those needed while applying abroad or enrolling into some universities where thoroughness is critical in order secure admissions favorably that meet admission criteria demandingly set forth by these institutions due to intense competition witnessed globally today among prospective applicants vying places available therein limited vacancies so created thereupon every academic year…
Moreover, our experts are qualified in diverse fields being well versed in different areas of knowledge too, thus enabling us to cover almost any topic that may come your way thereby providing comprehensive solutions pertaining same conclusively efficient manner possible, meeting customer deadlines within the desired timeframe successfully sans excuses whatsoever implicated concerning inconsistency matters grade expectation meeting provided via us hereunder…
By availing our services at Graduatewriterhelp.com, clients can rest assured that their work will be completed accurately within their specified deadlines without compromising quality standards expected out of professional service providers like ourselves.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more